Day eleven of Blogtober 2017 Although our current kitchen is a lot better than one from our old property, it still isn’t the nicest looking of kitchens. So you don’t need to see that. I am instead going to share some kitchen themed memories and facts
All things Kitchen
- I had announced at least two of my pregnancies to my husband in the kitchen. One of the pregnancies was the one after the death of our daughter. I had already taken a cheap pregnancy test, but I needed to use the ones which say the word pregnant on the screen.
- In the early months of grief I baked…mainly scones, but I made hundreds of them; we enrolled a friend to help eat them, but from the month she died until I fell pregnant three months later I baked. The only reason I stopped was because I soon developed Hyperemesis and I couldn’t stand food let alone the smell or even to bake or cook anything.
- I have spent time in the kitchen crying. I have at times gotten to the point where I break, and for some reason it is always the kitchen.
- One of Baby Lolly’s favourite toys is the wooden kitchen. It was the four year old’s Christmas present the year I was pregnant with the youngest. I was suffering the HG hell, but really wanted to put the thing together. The instructions are never as easy in real life. It is still together, and very much loved.
- Nothing really matches in our kitchen, we have a blue cooker, red kettle and toaster, one white full freezer and one full silver fridge.
- We have far too many mugs, I have already donated several, but I really do like slogan and silly mugs. My husband really loves the free Sports Direct ones – you know the ones which could flood a kitchen.
- We also have too many glasses, for people who don’t really drink or rarely have guests we really do have a lot of glasses, from wine ones, plastic pint ones, *cough* pub ones; I know we’re not the only ones! (Do people still have the old pub ashtrays too?)
- We don’t on a microwave. We used to have one;but we never really used it, so when it packed up we decided not to replace it.
- This is the most random of posts I have ever written, if you have stuck with it well done.
- See you tomorrow.
In case you missed it here is yesterday’Joke